GLOBAL SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- Personal Information Collected. We collect information that can be used to identify you personally (“personal information”), such as your name, email address and telephone number. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you provide it voluntarily, including, without limitation, by filling out a form or survey; by requesting information; by registering an account and e-mail address with us; by signing up for an e-mail newsletter; or by otherwise communicating e-mailing us. If you do not want us to collect personal information about you, do not submit your personal information to ALA. As per section 18(4)a) of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, we will take reasonable steps to inform you when we are collecting your personal information.
We may share aggregate or anonymized information about you and other Website users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example The Google Display Network
We use information about you to track how you use our Website. In addition, we may aggregate the personal information that you provide with the personal information that other users provide in order to conduct research, analysis, or studies for our own purposes (i.e., not related to providing you with specific services).
You may contact us using the contact details below if you decide at any time to stop receiving communications from ALA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Information.Like the operators of most Websites, we may use tracking software and similar technology, which automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software, and use of the Website. This information may be used by us for the operation of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
We use the third party, anonymous DoubleClick cookie together with the first part, anonymous Google Analytics cookie to inform, optimise and serve relevant advertising on the Google Display Network based on the activity of visitors to our website.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertisers and out of customized Google Display Network advertising by visiting Google’s Ad Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en_GB&hl=en-GB&sig=ACi0TCgDHu0Q1xhvoovUbGYsGPG5oc9Dbz7u0DiqszIBcP4Yr3Zqshzm0y18CLYGQqdKk8nDdBKkaM_DNYKX5mclBLg1tgAGnJALADVPRjWqlLCc0xDCb2vHdUEOt3dWa01i-sKlodGdvwmk9d28z7e7iDBGhocdA1_umKTiR9XYPMULWuFq2av8gcZ1-cS6EQvaYLglIzQWYnZC7kWJlKspyI5k-V2-lg&hl=en-GB).
- You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
- Protection of Your Personal Information Whenever we obtain your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts and practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure or damage to data. We cannot however guarantee the security of your personal information. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control. We will, however, notify you of any security breach of your personal information.
- Cross-Border Transfer of your Personal Information: GSP services are offered globally to persons from several countries and delivered through the work of various ALA employees, agents, service providers, networks etc. from several countries. Accordingly, please note that information we collect may be transferred to and processed to countries outside of your country. By using our Website and submitting your Information, you specifically consent to the transfer and processing of your information outside of your country, which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in your country. Your consent is voluntary. If, you do not consent, then we may not, however be able to provide you with our GSP services.
- Sharing of Personal Information. Except to provide our services to you, other purposes specified herein and for the reasons set out below, we do not share your information with other people or organisations:
- As Required By, Or Permitted by Law: We may share your personally identifiable information as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your personally identifiable information with governmental entities, or third parties in response to warrants, court orders, other legal processes, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Protect Rights, Property, and Safety; and to Report Unlawful Activity. We may also share your personally identifiable information if we determine, in our sole judgment, that the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of you or another person. In this instance we may share your information with law enforcement or any other person or entity we determine, in our sole judgment, may be able to protect you or the other person. We may also report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity.
- Third Party Websites and Payment Processors: Our Website, or our communications to you, may link to third parties’ websites. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or e-mails may link to our Website. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any personal information to third parties. Your payments to ALA through this Website are processed by third party payment processors and ALA does not maintain any records of your credit card or debit card information submitted through our Website.
- Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)(For US registrants): You represent and warrant that, in compliance with COPPA, you are over thirteen (13) years of age, alternatively that if you are registering a child under fourteen (14) years of age you are the parent or guardian of such child. You hereby consent to the collection of such child’s personal information necessary to process and complete the Camp registration. Please email ALA if you object to the GSP service applicant or registrant’s image in any photograph, videotape, or other audio-visual recording taken during a camp or any other record of the event for publicity, advertising or any other purpose related to GSP or ALA services.
- Privacy Complaints or Queries: You may contact us using the form at www.alasummer.org with any questions, complaints, or claims.
- Accessing or Changing Personal Information: ALA attempts to ensure that all personal information collected and stored in its files and database systems is correct and accurate. You may at any time request a description of the information that has been collected and obtain a more in-depth explanation about how the information is used by contacting: The Director, Centre for Entrepreneurial Leadership email@example.com –
ALA will endeavour to meet or advise of the outcome of such a request within seven business days of receipt. If at any time you wish to change personal information that is incorrect, or wish to have their personal information deleted, please ensure this is affected by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless personal information is required for administrative or legal reasons ALA will take all reasonable steps to meet such requests at the earliest possible opportunity.