Program fees includes tuition, room and board, extracurricular activities and entry fees for all museums and trips. Local transportation is also included, including pickup from OR Tambo International. Travel to Johannesburg, discretionary spending money, visa and travel insurance fees are not included.
18-day Engage Africa Experience (Age 15 - 19)
- Tution: African Residents - $3,850; Rest of World - $4,350
- Engage Africa Session 1: 2 July - 19 July 2018
- Engage session 2: 16 July - 2 August 2018
- Engage session 3: 30 July - 16 August 2018
New 10-day Explore Africa Experience (Age 13 - 16)
- Tuition: $2,500 (all regions)
- Explore session 1: 9 July - 18 July 2018
- Explore session 2: 23 July - 1 August 2018
- Explore session 3: 6 August - 15 August 2018
DISCOUNTS & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- ALA offers a discounted tuition to African Residents in line with our mission to identify, develop and connect Africa's future leaders.
- To incentivise early application, we will provide a free ALA Hoodie on arrival to anyone who has paid deposit by 30 November 2017, during the first Early Decision window.
- School and non-profit groups of 3 or more are eligible for a small group discount. Please contact us for information.
- Siblings within the same immediate family in the same year are also eligible for a small group discount. Please contact us for information.
- A small pool of financial assistance is for African students only, and is limited to $800 per student. There are no full scholarships available from the Academy for the Global Scholars Program. You can apply for assistance as part of the online application process.
Note: There are no full scholarships available from the Academy for the Global Scholars Program. If you are looking to apply to African Leadership Academy's Two-Year Diploma program, for which there is significant financial assistance, please click here.